Tuesday Tune is a weekly musical meme hosted here at Lassie Memo.
The purpose of Tuesday Tune is to encourage the sharing and discovery of new music artists or styles. Anyone can join in – the more the merrier. Please do remember to link to your blog so that others can see what you share.
What to Do:
- Choose a piece of music you’ve listened to in the past week and tell us what you like or don’t like about it.
- Tell us what the last piece of music you listened to was and how you heard it (iPod, radio, in a shop etc.).
- Tell us if you have bought any music in the last week, why you purchased it and in what format (digital or CD).
- Do you have a musical reflection? Do you have any strong opinions or notions about music? Share it with us.
- Make sure to add the link to your post in the comments below.
I’m currently listening to Whatsername by Green Day on my iTunes. It’s one of my all-time favourites because of its fantastic build-up and pent-up guitar riff. This is a song that always makes me feel, with the lyrics pointing to a sense of something lost and partly forgotten.
The last piece of music I recently bought was the Twist is the New Twerk album by Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox. There are some awesome covers of well-known modern tracks in a more laid-back Blues and Jazz mixture. I definitely recommend checking it out! One of them is featured in the video below – an amazing cover of Guns & Roses’ classic Sweet Child O’ Mine.
To view Tuesday Tunes from previous weeks, please click here.