The purpose of Tuesday Tune is to encourage the sharing and discovery of new music artists or styles. Anyone can join in – the more the merrier. Please do remember to link to your blog post so that others can see what you share.
To view Tuesday Tunes from previous weeks, please click here.
What to Do:
- Choose a piece of music you’ve listened to in the past week and tell us what you like or don’t like about it.
- Tell us what the last piece of music you listened to was and how you heard it (iPod, radio, in a shop etc.).
- Tell us if you have bought any music in the last week, why you purchased it and in what format (digital or CD).
- Do you have a musical reflection? Do you have any strong opinions or notions about music? Share it with us.
- Make sure to add the link to your post in the comments below.
One of my favourite artists is Nightwish, a symphonic rock band with amazing music. The track I wish to highlight this week is their The Crow, The Owl and the Dove which is full of emotion and power while not being over the top. I love the folksy aspect to a lot of their music, which couples nicely with the more modern sounds of hard rock.
The Crow, The Owl and the Dove is from the album Imaginaerum, of which I own the deluxe version on iTunes. The deluxe release includes instrumentals of each song – which are amazing in their own right – and I often listen just to these instrumentals.
The Tuesday Tune music blog is brought to you by Lesley Miles at Lassie Memo